If you choose to homeschool for years 11 and 12 unfortunately your child will not be eligible to receive a formal High School Certificate (HSC). However, alternative courses of study may be taken to achieve a HSC equivalent qualification. Thousands of homeschooled children have gone on to attend university by completing alternative course pathways.