Below is a list of Key Learning Areas (KLA’s) that NESA expects all children to be taught in NSW.
Key learning areas in primary aged children are:
- Science and Technology
- Human Society and its Environment (HSIE – history, geography, economics, and civics)
- Creative and Practical Arts (visual arts, drama, dancing, and music)
- Personal Development, Health and Physical Education (PDHPE – health information and physical education)
- Languages (This is an optional subject for homeschoolers).
Key learning areas in high school (7 to 10) are:
- HSIE (history, geography, economics, and civics)
- Creative and practical arts
- Design and Technology
You choose which 2 elective subjects you wish to study.
There are also ‘Cross Curriculum Priorities’. These are themes that are meant to be reflected or embedded into each subject.
- Sustainability – which is mostly environmental issues.
- Australia’s place in Asia
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history
The Flexible Learning Sequences offered by Isha Soul Seed Education cater to all of the KLA’s and ‘Cross Curriculum Priorities’ so that you can spend more time creatively inspiring the love of learning in your home.