I am so excited to announce that I have partnered with the Pottsville Community Centre to bring a 7-week program designed for Homeschool families with children from 5 to 16 years of age in the Tweed Shire.
This program aims to connect home schoolers to their community through creativity, story writing, garden design and understanding how the local wildlife works with the herbs and vegetables in the local community garden.
During the 2-hour sessions the children will be involved in a community-based project that will focus on building insect houses and a fairy garden that highlights and reflects how the elements (wind, sun, water and earth) all work together to care for the animals, their habitats and assist with the growing of our food.
The project will involve learning all about:
• the environment we will be working with (plants, animals, weather patterns for the seasons we will be working in)
• animal habitat boxes and the designing of the insect homes
• creative design for the fairy garden
• community connection, collaboration, and cooperation
• seasonal planting and how insects, birds and other animals assist with this.
• connecting and communicate with a local preschool that tends to the vegetable garden to see what they need us to do and to also share our fairy and nature stories with them too.
This program is designed for homeschool families (parents included) and is not designed as a drop off program, however home schoolers aged between 12 and 16 do not require parental supervision.
If you are interested there is a $45 registration fee per child (to cover insurance and admin) payable prior to commencing and then there will be a $15 fee per child (payable each week) to go towards materials. Registration will open on the 7th of June. There are 20 places available (not including parents). Feel free to email me @ [email protected] for more information.
I look forward to creating community connection with you all.
Blessings and have a wonderful week full of love, laughter and learning through play